Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
Job Title: Commercial Manager – COMEBU009
- To provide complete commercial guidance and price inputs to the Bid and Sales Teams during the development of world class proposals to Vodafone customers. Typical value of opportunities range from €100k to €20m Total Contract Value. Key accountabilities are:
- Create and manage pricing requirements for global, complex, managed service and connectivity opportunities in a timely manner, meeting Vodafone Group Enterprise objectives whilst mitigating risk.
- Create/structure new and innovative commercial propositions; ensuring customer needs are addressed as well as Vodafone’s key financial requirements.
- Actively contribute to the development of the win strategy during the response to customer requests for proposal (RfP’s)
- Lead commercial negotiations with customers to achieve the best outcome on behalf of Vodafone.
- Establish strong, positive relationships with commercial counterparts in the Operating Companies to ensure fast and competitive response to customer requirements.
The Commercial Manager is responsible for developing world class commercial propositions ensuring that the offers submitted to our customers are competitive, commercially sound and that the risks have been understood, mitigated or accepted by the appropriate stakeholders.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Be a strategic member of bid teams on customer opportunities to deliver winning commercial proposals to customers
- Lead the development of world class commercial propositions across multiple geographies and time zones, working closely with the operating companies to deliver a complete value proposition to VGE multinational customers
- Provide strategic and tactical business analysis of customer and commercial data to ensure the right decisions are made to secure profitable business
- Provide experience of previous global opportunities to the team to influence the Bid Strategy and approach to the customer
- Responsible for establishing strong working relationships with the various operating companies to deliver fast and competitive solutions to customers
- Works closely with the Solution Architect to understand the optimal solution, design and offer to the customer
- Understanding and communication of risk is a key imperative of the role, ensuring that all risks have been understood, mitigated or accepted by the appropriate stakeholders
Min Required Experience:
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the global Telecoms and ICT markets with track record of having operate in multinational business environment
- Commercial Manager should be experienced in managing complex opportunities; Individual should have experience of costing solutions with Total Contract Values in excess of €2.5 million
- Experienced working with C Level (internal and customer)
- Strong decision making skills – able to identify key business issues and balance conflicting interests
- Strong communication skills – able to convey understanding and earn respect across Group Enterprise.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of telecommunications industry
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of multi-national, multi-region team management, and proven ability to function within matrix organisations
- University degree in quantitative subject and postgraduate business qualification or minimum 5 years’ experience in an analytical environment
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Vodacom Business Nigeria
Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group Limited (Vodacom), is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reli…Know More about Vodacom Business Nigeria
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
29 Positions – Not Specified
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE