DealDey – Launched in March 2011, DealDey features a daily deal on the best things to do, see, eat, and buy in Lagos and Abuja. DealDey is an easy and fun way to get fantastic deals on great experiences. At DealDey we support local businesses and in return they support consumers with good savings! We want to create a “Win-Win” scenario each and every day for local merchants who want to attract new customers, and consumers who want to save money and take advantage great services and activities in their own city.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Analyst
Purpose of the Job
- Provide support to the finance department by managing daily accounting tasks such as preparing financial statements and reporting. The goal of the job is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Handle accounts receivable and issue invoices.
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports.
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings.
- Assist with other accounting tasks as assigned.
- Handle accounts payable and perform reconciliations.
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned.
Qualification and Experience
- First degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance or any relevant discipline
- Professional accounting qualification (i.e., ACA, ACCA or Equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years post NYSC experience in a retail environment preferably
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of accounting concepts, principles and practices regarding budgeting and management accounting
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of e-commerce operating model
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Knowledge and use of accounting packages
- Report writing and presentation
Key Performance Indicators:
- 0-5% error rate in daily transaction postings
- Timeliness and accuracy of reports
- Compliance with corporate policies and procedures, and standard accounting practices
- Average time to process invoices on approved transactions
- Bills payment error rate – number of supplier inquiries & complaints
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume with a detailed cover letter to: [email protected] using ‘DD / Finance Analyst’ as the email subject.
Note: Applications with incorrect email references will not be reviewed
Application Deadline 28th July, 2017
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE