The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancies below.
- Assists the ICT Coordinator in the realization of large computer and telecommunication infrastructure
- Assists the ICT Coordinator in assuming the main responsibilities of the ICT department in the delegation
- Installs, updates and maintains ICT and Telecom infrastructure of all ICRC offices in Nigeria, being responsible for the physical infrastructure of Abuja main delegation
- Acts as the regional Telecom specialist offering technical support on radio & Wi-Fi, satellite, telephony and power supply to other delegations
- Knows and follows procedures related to IT inventory and movements of ICT materials and reports every change to the 1 st Level Help Desk (or substitute)
- Installs, programs, adapts and maintains all professional ICRC Informatics equipment (computers, servers, printers, peripherals, internal networks, power systems, cabling, modem, connexions and internet facilities) respecting internal standards and procedures
- Always projects a positive and service oriented image of the IT department (externally and internally).
- Offers coaching and support to other junior ICT staff
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent higher education degree in ICT domain (Electronics, Telecommunications,
- Computer science or similar field. Post Graduate or Master's Degree is an asset.
- 5-7 years of experience in IT, electronics or similar position
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC policies and procedures
- Expert level knowledge of VHF and HF Radio, satellite communication and computer skills
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning; Planning, Organization & Assessment;
- Communication (Ability to express views and ideas); Analysis & Synthesis
- Capable and motivated to continuously update one-self on latest developments.
- Strong sense of responsibility and autonomy with good organizational skills
- Capable of assessing situation in the field from a distance and initiate necessary actions
- Ability to interpret any situation with accuracy and to present a synthesis of a problematic situation to a collaborator
- Willingness of self-education in ICT related fields
- Responsible for assessing, planning and implementation of agro and other livelihood interventions in the area of responsibility of Damaturu Office
- Contributes to the beneficiary selection process, identification of most appropriate agro interventions and formulation of appropriate projects proposals
- Designs appropriate projects and ensures smooth implementation of the EcoSec agro programme in the assigned area in coordination with other team members, assistance departments, respective, including involved local partners
- Participates in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the EcoSec programme activities
- mainly on emergencies and livelihoods response in close collaboration with Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS)
- Ensures the necessary preconditions for implementing agro interventions are met (e.g. seasonal aspects, local capacities and social patterns, appropriates/feasibility/sustainability),
- Reports on the progress of the livelihood projects and documents the lessons learned through the projects
- University degree in agriculture
- 4 years work experience in a similar field
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Shows judgment abilities to deal with special cases and propose solutions
- Ensures that a good atmosphere is maintained within the EcoSec department and with the other ICRC
- departments through adequate communication
- Reports on problems (security) with accuracy and without delays
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate the job tittle ; as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 20.01.2017, 16:30 hr. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian
mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org