John Snow Incorporated (JSI), is a public health research and technical assistant firm dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. It manages the USAID/DELIVER PROJECT and the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project in the Nigeria office.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer, IAPHL
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Starting Date: 09/01/2017
- JSI seeks to fill the position of IAPHL Program Officer (PO). This is a full-time position based in Abuja, Nigeria. The PO will report directly to the IAPHL Executive Director.
The PO will support the Executive Director in managing the IAPHL membership. Specifically, the PO’s responsibilities include the following:
- Approve and welcome new members
- Respond to individual queries from the IAPHL email address and the listserve
- Regularly review, edit, and approve messages posted to the IAPHL listserve
- Post messages on behalf of the IAPHL team to the listserve
- Schedule meetings, set up conference calls, and take notes during meetings
- Working with other JSI administrative personnel, book trips and ensure JSI policies are followed.
- Add documents to Resource Library
- Update Member Spotlights
- Manage Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Update Website: News Items, Events, Slider images
Contributions to IAPHL growth:
- Carry out proposed activities that contribute to the expansion of IAPHL’s membership, and services
- Content Generation: For the IAPHL Website and social media. This may include: development of written documents, connecting with outside vendors, purchasing of materials, conducting online research, developing content for the website etc.
- Membership data
- Continuously update the member list and update the membership summary information accordingly
Development of Annual Member Survey:
- With input from the team, develop the online annual member survey
- Disseminate survey and monitor results
- Write-up and analysis of results to be applied to future program activities
- Export Monthly data and maintain statistics
- Moderated Discussion Summaries
- May be called upon to support other JSI projects on a limited, as needed, basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two to three years of work experience in the field of international health, supply chain, or communications coordination experience. Masters degree an advantage.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork and effectiveness within a non- hierarchical, participatory management environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Excel
- Experience with event coordination and support
- Experience with USAID and/or other donor agencies a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; full professional fluency in English required. Proficiency in French, Spanish, or other major foreign language a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st July, 2017.
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE