We are looking for people who are experienced, dedicated, have passion and want to make a difference in the lives of people to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) Officer
Req ID: 21005
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Duration: 13 Months
- The purpose of this role is to coordinate and manage the CP and SGBV activities in line with International minimum standards in Northeast Adamawa state.
Key End Results and typical Responsibilities
In collaboration with the GBV Project Coordinator, the CP/SGBV Officer will be:
- To ensure children harmed or at risk of being harmed are identified and receive individual case management support by ensuring standard tools and procedures are in place and adhered to by case management team members.
- To manage, provide training and technical support to, and build the capacity of the full case management team.
- To coordinate with other child protection agencies on case management
Staff Supervision & Development:
- Directly supervises partner NGO Case Workers
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of regular program and staff reporting and annual performance reviews, as appropriate
- Assist with the recruitment of Case Management staff.
- Ensure training, support and ongoing capacity building opportunities for volunteers and staff on technical and project management skills.
- Provide evaluations on staff performance in accordance with Plan Policies and Guidelines.
- Ensure that all Plan policies are upheld, as well as international Minimum Standards for Child Protection, Case Management, and UNHCR Guidelines
Qualifications and Experience
- BA or equivalent in Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, Public Health, Human Rights or related degree desired
- At least 3 years’ experience in implementing child protection programs, preferable social work or case management, in humanitarian or development settings
- At least 2 years direct experience providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence, providing gender-sensitive and child-friendly counselling services, and/or developing/implementing referral pathways and case management systems
- Previous experience supervising and managing a team in a cross-cultural setting
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff
- Previous experience in emergency preparedness and response
- Experience working with case files and databases and providing regular documentation preferred
- Experience in grant management and proposal writing preferred
- Provide technical and management leadership to the Case Management program in accordance with best practice and Plan policies, including its child-centered community-based approach.
- Ensure that solid case management, referral and information management systems are in place for appropriate identification, responses and follow-up for children harmed or at risk of being harmed
- Ensure regular communication with CPiE Specialist to integrate appropriate child protection in emergencies priorities in program design
- Ensure regular Plan case review meetings and conferences are conducted to reflect on progress and to accommodate the lessons learned and improve case management system accordingly; [participate in Best Interest Determination as appropriate].
- Ensure the [Child Protection Database] is set up, regularly updated, analysed for trends in the caseload, and efficiently and confidentially managed in collaboration with the Data Manager [and relevant partner organizations (e.g. UNHCR, Save the Children and UNICEF)].
- Provide support to Family Tracing and Reunification activities in collaboration with implementing agencies
- Collaborate with other project staff to ensure referrals to other services such as psychosocial support and education/livelihoods interventions.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE