Sponge Limited, is a leading Mobile-First full service digital marketing agency that delivers outstanding mobile and digital campaigns for some of the biggest brands across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Strategist/Planner
Strategists/Planners are the voice of the consumer within the agency. They work with agency account and creative teams to produce strategies that are effective and targeted to the right audience.
- An excellent strategy requires excellent research. It will be your responsibility to know our clients’ consumers better than they do; combine market data, qualitative research and product knowledge within a brief to enable the creative team to produce innovative ideas that will reach consumers. You are required to love data…and understand how to use this to make decisions.
- This involves targeting the right audience, as well as setting the tone and message of the campaign. Occasionally, you may meet clients to share research findings and review them in the context of the client’s marketing objectives. You may also help account managers prepare a detailed campaign brief for the creative and media planning teams, and review the creative and media proposals to ensure that they are aligned to the overall strategy.
- The purpose of all our activities is to elicit a positive response from consumers which in turn would lead to a return on investment for our clients. It would be your responsibility to understand and utilize various digital tools to engage with consumers, and build relationships that lead to brand love.
- While you will be part of the Planning team, it is your responsibility to learn about media planning, trafficking, implementation, deployment, and reporting of client campaigns. Where required, you will provide support in these areas.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, technologies, relationships and opportunities.
- Beyond great thinkers, it is important that members of the Planning team have a keen interest in business and an understanding of the wider environment in which our organization operates: our customers, competitors and suppliers. You need to be aware of how our business generates revenue and your contribution to this.
- Well-developed knowledge of planning principles, methodology and practices
- In-depth knowledge of one or more planning specializations; such as consumer research, consumer strategy, consumer engagement or product development
- Knowledge of effective writing techniques
- Statistical or algebraic knowledge and ability to apply such knowledge in practical situations
Min Required Experience:
The Planner level generally requires a bachelor’s degree with at least two years of experience in the Planning profession. We also accept candidates with a bachelor’s degree and at least two years of professional experience within similar industries where intellectual rigour is required such as Researchers and Analysts, looking to explore a career in Marketing. What we value above all is a keen interest in digital, great communication skills, good use of office tools, the right attitude and an open mind.
In addition, the following are also required:
- A mix of analytical and communication skills to present your findings
- Strong numerical ability with good data skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills to gather relevant information to solve less well- defined practical problems
- Group facilitation skills for use with workshops
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously
- Ability to attend to details while keeping big-picture goals in mind
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment as needed
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
1 Position – Not Specified