TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. TechnoServe operates in more than 30 developing countries with over 1,500 employees.
TechnoServe is working with Unilever, the leading multinational consumer goods company, to develop an innovative solution for sustainable water provision in Africa. The concept is to develop a social franchise network of water centers, owned and operated by women franchisees from their local communities, to sell safe water and other consumer products under a commercial business model. Providing safe water at affordable rates reduces the time and money women spend on collecting and treating water, enabling them to instead pursue other income-generating activities and save and invest resources in their families and communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sunlight Water Center Construction Supervisor
- The Sunlight Water Center Construction Supervisor will monitor the construction activities that take place for the Construction and Solar Power Works for the Sunlight Water Kiosk Project, using TechnoServe’s Monitoring, Inspection and Approval Process, across communities within 300km radius of Abuja and will be involved in the organisation of Contractors, Subcontractors and Community Partners.
- He/she will report to the Community and Site Coordinator.
- The Construction Site Supervisor will liaise with the Contractors to plan, implement and oversee construction efforts at specific work sites.
- The Supervisor will be selected with equal emphasis on construction skills, the ability to transfer skills to others and create a team atmosphere of working together.
The Construction Site Supervisor will:
- Assist the Community and Site Coordinator in creating schedule for the construction project
- Implement the Monitoring, Inspection and Approval Process to monitor construction projects to make sure they meet technical specifications
- Ensure that construction projects are completed within planned cost and time
- Monitor the progress of the construction work and performance of contractors and subcontractors at the site
- Convey messages from the management or major stakeholders to contractors and subcontractors
- Convey information about the progress of the project and performance of the contractors to the Community and Site Coordinator
- Ensure that the construction site is safe and free from any hazardous chemical or objects
- Ensure the smooth day to day operation of work activities at the construction site
- Ensure that any authorized change in project plan is executed by contractors
- Ensure that the project is executed in compliance with local or state regulations
- Identify any potential problem at the site and work to prevent it
Min Required Experience:
The Construction Site Supervisor will have:
- Minimum of HND or Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Water and Civil Engineering, membership of professional organisation desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in water and civil engineering construction with excellent hands-on construction skills.
- Experience in supervising construction projects.
- The willingness to accept other job responsibilities as needed.
- Excellent understanding of solar and electrical, plumbing, roofing, foundations, carpentry and masonry works
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, and construction documents
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Excel, and other construction software
- The ability to multitask
- The ability to supervise numerous crews handling a variety of tasks
- Excellent communications ability
- Established credibility and integrity.
- Person with own transport (to be reimbursed) will be a plus
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word-formatted single document consisting of their Cover letter, CV and Salary history. Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Note: Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted. No phone calls please.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to email@example.com