Oxfam is a confederation of 17 Affiliates committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Human Resources/Admin Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
- To provide effective and efficient Human Resources (HR) and administration services to help smooth programme delivery.
- To ensure that Oxfam meets its business objectives and mainstreams its core organizational values through the effective administration service.
- To manage recruitment, HR policies and procedures, keep up to date and accurate HR filing systems and support in all HR and administrative issues for Oxfam bases in Biu and Damboa
- Manage all recruitment (in collaboration with the allocated recruiting manager), including advertising, collecting CVs, administering written tests and interviews
- Maintain a capacity planner, and alert line managers of upcoming staff renewal dates
- Support with training and capacity building of staff where relevant
- Ensure compliance with all Oxfam HR policies and procedures
- Support line managers with all aspects of HR and personnel management, as per Oxfam policies and procedures
- Supervise administration staff and ensure that all staff reporting to post holder have work plans, performance objectives; and deliver to agreed set standards.
- Ensure Oxfam Office and Guesthouses are managed proactively and properly.
- With support from the HR Manager, continuously review and update admin systems and procedures to ensure compliance with local laws and Oxfam set standards and to improve efficiency.
- Ensuring timely processing of utility and service bills (telephone bills, power, water cleaning and maintenance, fumigation.
- Monitoring and maintaining office premises in line with Oxfam health and safety requirements and standards.
- Provide monthly admin and forecast reports for management information system, and for input into budget and audit processes.
- Conduct inductions of new staff on Admin systems and procedures.
- Ensure smooth management of day to day administrative function and requirement in the office.
Min Required Experience:
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in HRM, Business Administration, Public Administration, Arts or Social Sciences with three years of relevant professional experience in human resources administration.
- Previous experience working in an NGO or within a structured organization will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
13th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment in English to: email@example.com with the position title as the subject of your email.
- Prospective candidate must be available and willing to commence work immediately.
- Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Oxfam Novib
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations working in approximately 94 countries worldwide to find solutions to poverty and what it considers injustice around the world. In all Oxfam&…Know More about Oxfam Novib
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
9 Positions – 2 Locations
9 Positions – Not Specified