For 60 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS.
UNICEF is the driving force that helps build a world where the rights of every child are realized. UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is also the world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries. As a global authority UNICEF is able to influence decision makers at the global level and turn the most innovative ideas into reality.
Job Title: TA Reports Specialist P3, Abuja,Nigeria ( 364 days)
Job Number: 502308
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Chief, Polio Communication and in consultation with the Chief, Health and other Programme Staff, the incumbent will be responsible for monitoring, reviewing, compiling, and editing of English-language proposals and reports for donors, ensuring that they are in line with criteria set out in official guidelines and directives, and in line with agreement/stipulations.
The incumbent will work also with Programme Officer (budget) to help monitor the large programme budget of over $100 million a year
Key Expected Results
- Compile, edit and disseminate mandatory UNICEF reports. Ensure quality assurance and adherence to criteria set out in Executive Directives/Guidelines, UN/UNICEF policy papers, GPEI and polio plans, donor contract stipulations etc.
- Assist in developing fundraising proposals, ensure that proposals and reports meet the guidance shared, and stipulations applied, by donors. Maintain a coherent system for tracking reports due working closely with the health section and Programme Monitoring and Evaluation sections.
- Assist prepare management indicators reports, DCT reports and the operations quarterly reports.
- Act as focal point for the handling of all queries from headquarters, regional/country offices and Nigeria based staff, regarding programme budget, funding commitments and donor contributions
- Update and maintain information on all the donor and programme reporting requirements. Assist tracking and provide regular updates of donor fund utilization at different levels
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Master’s degree in social sciences or related technical field, with strong writing skills and expertise in budget management. Two to three years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels.
*First university degree with additional two-years of relevant work experience is acceptable in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels.
- Fluency in English is required.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Core Values
- Commitment Diversity
- Inclusion Integrity
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Applying technical expertise
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
* The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
* Please note that is a non-family duty station.
Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish. Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here