Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss NGO focusing on child rights. It is active in more than 30 countries with development and emergency projects. Tdh focuses its action on the two following areas of intervention: health and protection of particularly vulnerable children. Modern management and communication tools ensure the quality of Tdh’s projects. The Foundation constantly aims to improve its services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 6 months, more if funding available.
- In line with the 2017 Humanitarian Needs and Requirement Overview for Nigeria, more than 8 Millions of people require humanitarian assistance, especially located in the Northeastern part of Nigeria, Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe.
- Tdh, present in the South West of Nigeria since 2009 through child protection activities decided to launch an analysis of the situation, with a specific focus on Child Protection, Health and WASH, in the aim to extend its activities to participate to the humanitarian response in the Northeastern part to support the populations affected by the drought, famine and insurgency.
- Manages and organises the administrative, HR and financial departement of the delegation and bases (administration, accounting, financial management) in close collaboration with the Country Representative, the HQ.
- S/he is the direct interface between the delegation and the headquarters and/or field financial partners as regards financial reporting.
- In his/her capacity of Foundation representative, the Administrator reports to the Country Representative and provides multi-base, multi-sponsor and/or multi-partner supervision and follow-up for the projects.
- S/he is responsible for the implementation of the strategy and the development and managerial coordination of the Admin, HR and financial teams under his/her responsibility.
- S/he is able to make independent decisions and actions in his/her field of activity.
- S/he supports and validates the quality of the work done by the teams as regards the Tdh mandate and commitments and international standard.
- Manages the programme’s financial resources
- Aim: To ensure on-going sound financial management that complies with internal procedures and with the guidelines of financial partners
- Ensure the spread, adherence and monitoring of Tdh’s procedures
- Define and elaborate the budget proposals
- Provide the programme’s global financial monitoring (by Finance Management Tool)
- Guarantee high quality accounting
- Monitor the high quality cash management between the HQ and bases, in accordance with security considerations and program needs
- Ensure compliance with financial rules in the management of the programme’s main partnerships
- Ensure that each budget holder has received adequate training for managing their budget and codifying expenditure correctly
- Manage and facilitate external audits, internal control and fraud prevention
Activities specific to institutional donors:
- Ensure the spread, adherence and monitoring of the donor procedures
- Lead the production of budget forecasts, the implementation and monitoring of the programme’s budget and reporting
- Produce correct and timely financial information to complete proposals and financial reports
- Facilitate the establishment of country strategy by making the financial information and analysis available
- Implement the programme’s HR strategy (pay, social and training policies) and ensure implementation of HR processes.
- Aim: equitable treatment of staff and efficient HR management in support of the programme
- Define the Human Resource’s Policy, including pay, social and training aspects
- Define and implement the corresponding HR processes
- Manage national staff recruitment and assessment processes Participate in welcoming and administrative briefing of expatriate staff
- Ensure that the HR policies are respected
- Ensure the administrative management of programme staff
- Ensure the management of medical evacuations for expatriate staff and the management of accidents and serious incidents
- Manage the programme’s administrative team
- Aim: Develop the team’s autonomy and performance
- Supervise and lead the finance and HR team, set objectives and carry out assessments of direct reports
- Organize and run information and coordination meetings
- Manage direct reports’ contracts (leave, end of trial period, etc.); if the need arises, co-validate
- Disciplinary procedures with the country representative
- Oversee the team’s career development: define training needs and provide guidance on professional development
- Offer the technical support to Finance Managers in the bases, on day-to-day basis and through field visits
- Guarantee compliance with the programme’s administrative and legal framework
- Aim: TdH presence is secure from a legal standpoint
- Guarantee the correct archiving and security of the organisation’s documents (paper and digital)
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements (HR, administrative, financial, etc.), referring to local expertise if required (lawyers, employment inspectors, etc.)
- Keep a watch on NGO groups, take part in the activity of networks on legal and HR aspects
- Follow up partnership contracts and ensure they comply with internal rules and donor obligations
- In his/her professional activities, adhere to the values defined in the strategic plan: commitment, expertise, integrity and self-reliance
- Work in different cultural backgrounds and in difficult situations, deal with confrontation due to differences (intercultural)
Abuse Prevention Policy (CPP) – Operational Risk Management:
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
Min Required Experience:
- Professional Diploma or University Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or Audit.
- Previous experience with an NGO is mandatory.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Advanced IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet).
- Knowledge of SAGA.
- Organized, proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Swiss salaried contract 2,950 CHF (~2,550 €) 4’300 CHF (~3,700 €) net /month according to experience x 13, Holidays: 25 days per year. Local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE[ad_2]