Olam International is a leading agri-business operating from seed to shelf in 70 countries, supplying food and industrial raw materials across 16 product platforms for over 16,200 customers worldwide. From first procuring cashews in Nigeria 26 years ago, today Olam has built a global leadership position in many of its businesses such as Edible Nuts, Spices & Vegetable Ingredients, Cocoa, Coffee, Cotton and Rice
Job Title: Asst. Miller – Poultry
Reference Code: EXOL-NG-50012113-01000690-1
Branch: Olam Nigeria
Functional Area: Manufacturing & Technical
Department: Grains – Animal Feed
To manage an efficient, safe site producing finished products that fulfils the customer’s requirements at least cost/maximum financial benefits.
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Animal feed Milling
- Ensure all areas operate efficiently within agreed financial budgets. To seek continual improvement.
- Purchase of all materials necessary to maintain efficient production, handling and packaging of Poultry Feed ( Pellets & Mash)
- Control stock levels (through line managers/supervisors) of both raw materials and finished products to ensure efficient response to product specifications and volume requirements (in line with forecasts and new product development) can be made.
- Maintain and monitor production in respect of output yield/extraction capacity against set targets. React to variances.
- Ensure (through line managers) efficient maintenance of all plant and buildings under remit. (This will include use of a preventative maintenance scheme to ensure minimum breakdown times on any processes.)
Hygiene, Health & Safety:
- Ensure the Health and Safety of all subordinates within Company guidelines and current legislation.
- Ensure all functional management are aware of the correct codes of practice, both statutory and advisory, that govern accepted standards of safe operation at all premises.
- By regular site inspection and training, ensure full employee awareness of safe working practices and their role in maintaining the required standards.
- Ensure hygiene standards in all areas are maintained to the highest standards at a minimum above those required by BRC.
- Defining and agreeing job responsibilities with all subordinates. Setting targets and monitoring performance (formally and informally) of all responsible personnel.
- Maintain the welfare and morale of staff and their subordinates.
- Enforce discipline and effect dismissals as necessary within the guidelines of the company disciplinary procedure and employment legislation.
- Selection and appointment of new staff.
- Ensure absolute product safety through careful management of all process lines.
- Ensure perimeter and yard areas are well maintained.
- Through respective managers, ensure the safe keeping of all company agreements, financial instruments etc.
- To encourage good communication through the plant workplace, through Team Briefing, formal and informal discussions.
Min Required Experience:
- 4-8 Years of work experience in animal feed milling, with exposure in Team Management .
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Olam International is a leading agri-business operating from seed to shelf in 65 countries, supplying food and industrial raw materials to over 13,600 customers worldwide. Our team of 23,000 employees…Know More about Olam Nigeria Limited
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE[ad_2]