Program Planning and Implementation:
- Provide technical and management leadership to the Child Protection Program in accordance with best practice and Tdh policy;
- Ensure that all planned child protection activities are implemented on time, within the budget, according to quality standards and as per the monthly plan;
- With support from the CP managers, follow quarterly, monthly and weekly activity plans to achieve expected results. This includes planning of activities, and procurement;
- Identifying needs and gaps in programming and proactively suggest new activities to enhance the protection activities;
- Contribute to the development of country sector strategic direction and plans;
- Work closely with various partners to ensure better coordination and representation of Tdh.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Supervise the CP teams and CP managers to conduct regular monitoring and evaluation activities, and on a regular basis liaise with partners to identify gaps and challenges as well as to ensure quality impact of the CP approach;
- Work closely with M&E officer to ensure data are collected to better report on activities and to ensure quality services for beneficiaries;
- Draft monthly reports in addition to other reporting tasks as per donors and partners requirements.
- Identify training needs and develop a capacity building strategy;
- Provide follow-up child protection training where required.
- Coordinate with other humanitarian partners and local authorities in the target areas, as relevant for the effective and efficient implementation of the CP projects;
- Attend Child Protection Working Group meetings and clusters;
- Advocacy and training (internal and external) on CPMS.
Human Ressources Management:
- To carry out necessary recruitment when needed, in respect to the local regulations, in collaboration with the CP Project Managers and in coordination with the Human Resource;
- To provide CP Managers with ongoing staff monitoring, supervision, and support, including regular and constructive feedback.
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations;
- Reports any security/safety incident and/or risk to the Country representative;
- Informs CP staff in Kirkuk on security rules defined by the Country Program.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
- Commit to respect the Child Safeguarding Policy. Signs the Code of Conduct;
- Report serious cases of abuse on children identified by the Child Protection team to the Country representative. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
- Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the Country representative and that are compatible with the job;
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality – inter Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
- University degree and five year relevant work experience
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of Child Protection
- Prior experience working in emergency settings or insecure environments
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of national and international staff
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Fluency in English required (spoken and written)
Swiss salaried contract 3’400 CHF (2’950 €) 4’750 CHF (4’100 €) net /month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE