Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: College Librarian
- The College Librarian shall be responsible to the Provost for the administration of the College Library with particular emphasis on the virtual library as an effective complement to the conventional library, and the coordination of the Library Services in all the teaching Units of the College.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must possess MLS with at least 18 years cognate experience. Relevant publications in journals and textbooks equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer is a must. Possession of a PhD in Library I Information Science will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must not be more than 59 years as at the time of appointment.
- Applicants must not be below the rank of Principal Librarian in a College of Education/Polytechnic and Deputy Librarian in a University.
- With a robust and scalable IT infrastructure, Adeyemi College of Education has become a leading IT Institution in the country. The digitization of all College documents from 1964, the development of an electronic archival system as well as the deployment of an Electronic Document Management System that will usher in a paperless administration make it mandatory for interested applicants for the position of College Librarian to be those that can effectively drive a 21st century e-compliant Library in line with global standards.
Condition of Service
- The successful applicant for the position shall be placed on CONPCASS 9. Other relevant benefits and allowances are as spelt out in the College Conditions of Service and as approved by the Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
22nd September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward thirty (30) copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae giving details in the following order:
- Full Names with Surname underlined
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Name of Spouse
- Number and Ages of Children
- State of Origin/Local Government
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address and contact telephone number(s)
- E-mail address
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Qualifications (Academic and Professional)
- Working Experience with dates
- Names, Address and Positions of three (3) Referees
- Name and Address of Present Employer
- Any other relevant information
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in an envelope marked “College Librarian” at the upper left-corner and forwarded to:
The Acting Registrar,
Adeyemi College of Education,
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE