The Nigeria Foundation for the Support of Victims of Terrorism – Victims Support Fund (VSF) – is a programme-based organisation that provides interventions to support victims of terrorism and insurgency in Nigeria.
Our vision is to be the foremost knowledge-driven and programme-based organization, mobilizing sustainable funding and building partnerships for the support and transformation of victims of terrorism and insurgency in Nigeria. At Victims Support Fund, We believe that each employee is crucial to the delivery of our values and objectives and hope you wilt take pride in being a member of our team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Assistant – VCG B
Summary of Role
- Support the Head of Communication in ensuring that VSF receives optimal coverage for its activities and positive public image.
- The position will provide support, advisory and technical service to the Communication Unit, and ultimately VSF, in activities relating to communication, the media, programme coverage, image and perception management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Head of Communication in managing VSF’s brand, image and reputation.
- Provide content and materials required to project the image, brand and perception of VSF.
- Provide detailed work plans and activities to translate VSF’s communication strategy into tactical activities and executable programmes
- Support the Head of Communication in promoting VSFs goals and achievements through the use of the mass media.
- Provide content and materials required to drive VSF’s message across all mass media and communication spectrum.
- Assist in editing and production of videos. Assist in taking an editing professional level pictures.
- Assist in developing branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations.
- Assist the Head of Communication to manage media relations and maximize media opportunities required to position VSF positively with all stakeholders Explore and harness relationships with the media to communicate VSF’s activities.
- Assist In developing messages and content for internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, online, intranet, video, special projects and assignments.
- Support the Head of Communication to continuously update VSFs Management and staff of it’s external activities.
- Collate any data, information survey related to VSF’s operations
- Handle all transaction activities for VSF’s library (including e4ibrary tools)
- Any otter duties assigned by Management.
- Degree in Mass Communication, Communication Arts, Languages, or other related qualification in the Arts or Social Sciences. Possession of a Master’s degree in relevant areas of study is required.
Certification and Training:
- Certification and previous training in communication, external relations etc. is required. Membership of the Institute of Public Relations is mandatory.
- Must have knowledge and insight into IT.
- At least 2 years experience in si9ar role in a comparable organization to VSF.
- Must be conversant with online communication especially facebook, twitter and blogging.
- Must be able to produce videos and be experienced in both still and video camera handling.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; excellent computer skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Great organizational, analytical and decision making skills are essential.
Application Closing Date
5th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover letter indicating and explaining suitability for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Indigenes or residents are encouraged to apply for position at the state level.