The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Consultant – Ending Violence Against Children, NOC, (although remote work may be considered given the nature of the TOR)
Job Number: 502321
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type: Consultancy
Purpose of the Assignment
- The Consultant will support UNICEF and Federal and State Ministries of Women Affairs and Social Development to secure maximum coverage of the End Violence Against Children (VAC) by 2030 campaign and maximum distribution/dissemination of key messages on ending VAC.
- Specifically the consultant will ensure the development and implementation of a strategy for a media campaign utilizing various media platforms (print and electronic) to create mass public awareness in the country and a platform for change and manage and provide regular and engaging content for the end VAC discourse on the various platforms.
- The consultant will engage with print and electronic media to ensure mass dissemination of key messages on prevention of VAC, and identify avenues for the dissemination of key messages and materials on VAC.
- The consultant will also develop and implement a strategy for engagement with the private sector to obtain buy in from key organizations to end VAC
- Design and execute an innovative and effective mass media campaign on violence against children (key messages, TV and Radio spots, brand materials etc) (in collaboration with the Federal and State Ministries of Women Affairs and Social Development and other relevant Ministries and the Consultant on Social Media)
- Provide inputs on the use of traditional media and social media to the National Social Norms Change Strategy
- Establish partnerships with Private sector organizations to support the National End Violence Against Children campaign
- Secure mass media coverage (both traditional and online, national and international), including on TV and radio talk shows and news programmes at Federal and State level (with a focus on Lagos, Cross River, Gombe and Plateau) general for violence against children and to ensure coverage of major events (e.g. Week of Enlightenment, State launched of end violence against children campaigns etc)
- Strategy document on media engagement to end VAC
- Key messages on ending VAC developed and disseminated
- Mass media coverage (both traditional – print and electronic media, national and international) achieved and documented including a report on media coverage of UNICEF supported end violence against children events
- Spots related to VAC and the key VAC events secured on key talks shows and news programmes on TV and radio including airing of the TV and Radio jingles
- Established partnership with three major private sector organisations to support the National End VAC by 2030 Campaign
- A detailed end of consultancy report, including constraints, observations and recommendations
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced University Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Social/Behavioural Sciences or relevant discipline. A first degree holder with relevant combination of professional training, certification and experience may accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree
- Knowledge of current social media trends and how to utilize platforms for advocacy, visibility, communication research, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
Years of relevant experience:
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in journalism, communications, media, public relations or international relations
Competencies of Successful Candidate:
- Highly developed communication skills, including ability to draft / edit texts, articulate ideas in a clear and concise style to a variety of audiences.
- Innovative and creative thinker, able to package concepts on violence against children for different audiences
- Ability to identify strategic issues, opportunities and risks, and communicate broad and compelling organizational direction
- Experience in engaging radio and television talk shows and discussion programmes
- Computer skills, including various office applications, website maintenance and internet navigation skills (intermediate to advanced MS Office skills)
- Fluency in English language
Desirable specialized knowledge/experience:
- Knowledge of issues related to violence against children and child protection would be an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Click Here To Apply