PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) – Our client, Africa Power and Development Advisors (APDA) was set up with a mandate to provide first class advisory services to African countries to attain economic advancement through regional interdependence and international cooperation within the context of their national development plans and achieving the United Nations Global Development Goals.
Job Title: Director of Business Development and Project Finance
Reference Number: 130-PEO00711
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Director of Business Development and Project Finance will supports the company in the creation of long term values through identification of business initiatives and ensuring availability of funds to carry out business activities.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive strategic and tactical plan for business development, income generation and project funding for the organization.
- Directs the business development activities of the organization and drives the new sales business for the company playing key role in the company’s bottom line.
- Works with the Chief Executive Officer of APDA, to liaise with banks, financial institutions, Private Equity Funds, rating agencies and other stakeholders in the financial community to ensure timely availability of financing for projects at the most competitive terms.
- Provides direction to the project finance team to identify, analyze and execute the most optimum financing solution for APDA’s projects (including debt and equity).
- Undertakes and manages all fund raising activities and development of required documents needed to attract investors/ financiers. These activities include due diligence, business plan & financial model development, financing strategy, Information memorandum and necessary marketing documents required by potential investors
- Oversees financing negotiations with potential financiers
- With the support of internal and external counsel, ensure all deals with appropriately documented and successfully concluded in line with required approvals.
- Seeks to ensure all project financial close (i.e. first disbursement) are achieved in a timely manner
Min Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Finance, Economics or Business related discipline with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division
- MBA or Masters in a related discipline
- Professional membership in the industry
- Over 12 years’ experience in a similar organisation out of which 4 years must have been spent at a senior management level and relating with the board
- Ability to speak French fluently is required
- Strong understanding of project finance and project management
- Strong understanding of debt/equity sourcing, project facilitation and funding
Skills and Competencies Required
- Strategy formulation and business planning
- Business/Marketing intelligence
- Knowledge of debt/equity sourcing
- Financial analysis
- Negotiation and Communication skills
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
12 Positions – Not Specified
Click Here To Apply