Discovery Cycle Professionals (A Division of Discovery Cycle Limited) is a global network of experienced academics and consultants assembled to provide world-class knowledge-based services globally. DCP has diverse experience across different professional fields and offers a wide-range of multi-disciplinary professional services. DCP has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. Over the years, DCP has developed a wide range of multi-disciplinary professional services covering both the private and public sectors of the economy through the “DCP Ecosystem”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Intern at Discovery Cycle Professionals (DCP)
Nil Reports to: Engagement Manager 1, Corporate Advisory Division
- To support the team in managing all the initial requests for legal assistance from the public and the company. To conduct ad hoc legal research and to contribute more generally to both the casework and policy teams, where extra help is needed.
- To send out initial correspondence to individuals who contact us to seek help
- To assist with the profitably management of various legal projects
- Drafting responses to everyone who contacts us for help including, with the support of the caseworkers, generic advice and referrals to other organisations and lawyers
- To carry out ad hoc legal research to assist the caseworkers
- Drafting agreement as required for new and existing contacts/clients.
- To compile information from correspondence from clients, and if necessary from the family/legal team/Foreign Office and other bodies in order to make an informed summary of the individual‘s current case
- To enter and maintain accurate information about cases and contacts in databases and archives
- To present a simplified summary of cases to the casework team at a weekly review meeting, providing specific information on the status and vulnerability of the client
- There will be occasions where the Legal Intern will be required to carry out additional tasks for the policy team, but the nature of these jobs will be dependent on the needs of the policy team at the time
- Familiar with CAC workings
- Assist with the creation and execution of project work plans and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Developing independent ideas to ensure DCP’s vision is actualized
- Capable legal researcher
- Good writing skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good communication and analytical skills
- A willingness to be flexible according to the current demands of the organisation
- Proactive identification and elimination of inefficiencies
- Continual self- development
- Goal and quality oriented
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 19th September, 2017.