USAID’s Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) is a leading global provider of objective, evidence-based food security information and analysis to inform decisions on humanitarian response and other assistance programs. FEWS NET collaborates with international, regional and national partners to provide timely and rigorous early warning and analysis of potential, emerging, and/or evolving food security issues in order to inform decisions and guide response.
Chemonics International Inc., a leading international consulting firm based in Washington, DC, has been contracted by USAID to manage FEWS NET’s technical and field activities. Chemonics seeks applications from qualified and experienced Nigerian professionals to fill one full-time Assistant National Technical Manager (ANTM) position in Abuja, Nigeria. Chemonics seeks to engage the ANTM for an initial contract to last up to 4 June 2018, with the possibility of an extension. The ANTM will work closely with the FEWS NET country, regional, and U.S. teams to support the following activities in Nigeria:
- Efficient, focused food security monitoring, data collection, assessment, and early warning analysis;
- Effective communication of early warning analysis to partners and decision-makers through contributions to high quality reports and participation in briefings and formal and informal meetings;
- Close collaboration with key network partners, including those with a more diffuse field presence, such as host-government counterparts, United Nations agencies (e.g., WFP, FAO, and UNICEF), and regional and local non-governmental organizations, among others;
- Network development through capacity strengthening with respect to FEWS NET’s tools and analysis.
Minimum qualifications for the Nigeria ANTM position include:
- An advanced university degree in a discipline relevant to the work of FEWS NET; a bachelor’s degree may be accepted for candidates with more than five years of relevant experience.
- At least two years of relevant experience in early warning/food security information systems, food security analysis, or other related field;
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of other local languages is an advantage;
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in English;
- Excellent computer skills; GIS applications and mapping skills are an advantage.
The Nigeria ANTM position will remain open for applications through October 24, 2017. Full details of the position and application information can be found at www.fews.net/vacancies.