Home / News & Gist / FG to evacuate more Nigerians from Libya

FG to evacuate more Nigerians from Libya

[ad_1]

The Deputy Director, Search and Rescue Unit, the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Dr. Bandele Onimode, has said the Federal Government will evacuate another set of Nigerians from Libya in February.

Onimode disclosed this when he led a delegation from NEMA to visit the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, on Tuesday in Abuja.

The delegation had come to shed light on NEMA efforts in the rescue operations in Libya and other countries of the world and what the Federal Government has been doing to secure the lives of Nigerians trapped on transit.

He said the Federal Government has been doing a lot to help Nigerian citizens wherever they are having problems not just in Libya alone.

“It is a well-known fact that Nigerians do cross the desert to Europe through Niger Republic, Mali, and Sudan and in the process some are tired, stranded and trapped.

“Our Nigerian missions abroad never leave them alone. They always come to their rescue. As I am talking to you there are still some of them that are stranded in Niger and we are working on that.

“But the one that caught the attention in recent time is the issue of Nigerians trying to get to Europe through Libya. There is need to set the record straight on what the government has been doing,” he said.

He said Federal Government had already evacuated about 1,000 voluntary returnees from Libya between 2015 and 2016.

[ad_2]

Source

Check Also

Singer Jhybo shares x-rated photo

While telling an unknown person to concentrate on the cap, singer Jhybo shared an x-rated …