We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Business Partner
Job #: 171659
Job Family: Human Resources
Job Type: Professional & Technical
Recruitment Type: Local Hire
Background / General Description
WBG Human Resources Department (HRD) is focused on delivering high value HR services to drive organizational performance and help make the WBG the employer of choice in the area of development. The WBG HRD has four core roles designed to provide leading-edge services to a globally dispersed workforce, while reinforcing line managers’ responsibility for people management:
- Global HR Client Teams (HRDCS), to lead the design of workforce strategies and plans, drive the diversity and inclusion agenda, and support the implementation of HR processes and policies within their client organizations.
- Global HR Centers of Expertise (CoEs), to design and support the implementation of improved HR processes, practices, programs and tools, inculcating the Bank Group’s diversity and inclusion agenda within their scope of expertise for use across their client organizations. CoEs work with Global Business Partners and client organizations to deliver products which meet the business needs of their client organizations.
- Global HR Shared Services, to produce measurable results by providing technology and service solutions that create capacity, build strategic capability, enhance staff experience, drive operational excellence and enable value creation for the World Bank Group. HR Shared Services is responsible for strategic development and management of HR Operations, HR technology and Global Mobility services for the World Bank Group.
- Corporate HR connects these three roles through strategy, governance and resource management, ensuring alignment.
- HRDCS is looking for qualified candidates to fill a regional HR Business Partner position based in Abuja, Nigeria and servicing Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
Duties and Accountabilities
The HR Business Partner should have broad-based knowledge and extensive experience in all major facets of HR management, current and emerging trends and practices; and in-depth knowledge and experience in one or more functional areas of specialization.
Career Development and Performance Management:
- Working closely with the Regional HR Lead and HR Manager support the implementation of the career management framework and contribute to its expansion and success in the Africa region (AFR).
- Working closely with the Regional HR Lead and HR Manager support the yearly Talent Management process by engaging client managers and staff in the Africa region (AFR).
- Advise managers and staff on effective career development and performance management, and take the lead in identifying, assessing and resolving issues, problems, and conflicts, drawing on other Bank resources as appropriate;
- Provides support on managing complex cases (e.g. performance, health and exit);
- Work directly with staff members in the Bank’s Country offices on basic skill/learning needs assessments, and contribute to design and implementation of customized learning interventions;
Work Force Management and Strategic Staffing:
- Advise and assist managers on strategic staffing taking into account existing and anticipated work requirements and institutional goals/objectives, e.g. analyze and advise on appropriate staffing levels, skill mix, work force diversity that corresponds to work program requirements and advances corporate goals, including support to job definition and selection of candidates, staff reassignment, mobility issues, and exit strategies and processes;
- Understand the business model of the client and ability to assist the client managers in identifying the emerging HR implications for their work force.
- Proactive use of HR analytics to understand the staffing trends in the client area;
- Policy Advice:
- Advise staff and managers on HR policies and practices;
- Provide quality advice to develop innovative HR approaches and solutions to complex problems;
- Contribute to policy development by actively working with HR Centers of Expertise (COEs) Policy Unit on the need to adjust policy and ensure effective program implementation.
- Advise and support in the design and implementation of organizational effectiveness interventions, facilitation, development and management of high performing teams;
- Mobilize resources from the HR Team and other units within HRS and outside, as required, to support effective HR management in the client area;
- Participate as a team member on HR projects, working groups, task forces, etc. in the client area and/or at corporate level;
- Contribute to the implementation of the corporate HR agenda.
The role implies frequent interaction with the following:
- Client managers, including Directors or equivalent level, and staff at all levels in the country offices and in Washington;
- Colleagues in HR, Legal, Staff Association, Office of Mediation, Office of Ethics and Business Conduct, General Services, Procurement and Integrity.
The successful candidate should possess a Master‘s degree in HR or related field and have a minimum of five (05) years’ significant experience in HR. Prior experience in recruitment, training, performance management, management coaching and HR consulting is desirable. Candidates with prior experience working in international organizations or multi-national corporations are encouraged to apply.
- Sound knowledge of general HR policies, processes and systems;
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills;
- Proven ability to identify and implement business related HR interventions, and ability to maximize the value added resources available within HRS in order to provide high quality client services;
- Professional integrity, willingness and flexibility to “roll-up your sleeves” to engage in all aspects of HR work from identification and design to implementation;
- Excellent team skills, ability to collaborate and share knowledge with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Demonstrated excellent communication and conflict resolution skills, and
- Ability to create trusting working relationships/partnerships within and across units.
- Fluency in English is required; command of French would be a plus
- Client Orientation – Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication – Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
- Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making – Analyzes facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others’ work.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2017
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment.
- All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE[ad_2]