UNOCHA is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Associate
Job ID: 7536
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Duration: Initial Contract Duration of 9 months
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
- Under the guidance of the Administrative & Finance Officer in Borno, and technical supervision of the ICT Officer in Abuja, ICT Associate provides ICT services, implements ICT management systems and strategies, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The ICT Associate promotes a client-oriented approach.
- The ICT Associate works in close collaboration with the Administration unit, Programme and Operations teams in the CO and UNOCHA Field Offices in Maiduguri and other sub-offices when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies
- Effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages
- Support to networks administration
- Provision of web management services
- Provision of administrative support
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Ensures implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment.
- Participation in development and implementation of ICT annual plan
- Prepare ICT budget for inclusion in the annual cost plan( budget)
- Implementation of Microsoft windows server 2008 R2 Enterprise with Lotus domino Server 8.5.1
- Ensures effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Effective functioning (installation, operation and maintenance) of all UNOCHA hardware equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies.
- Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs.
- Installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades, anti-virus programs on a timely basis.
- Negotiate contracts with most reliable vendors for most critical ICT hardware and software
- Ensures efficient networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of the network connection on a daily basis to ensure a stable and responsive network environment.
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems. Ensure that the UNOCHA desktop and network resources are protected from malicious virus attacks and deploy countermeasures in the event of the attacks
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Maintenance of up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail.
- Implementation of backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Organization of off-site storage of backups.
- Maintenance of measures in place for business continuity and disaster recover processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities.
- Networks administration support to other UN agencies as required and preparation of bills for cost recovery for the service provided.
- Monitor and implement wireless networks among UN agencies
- Provides web management services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support to the maintenance of the CO websites and Intranet on Lotus Notes
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of websites for UNOCHA and other UN agencies upon request
- Preparation of bills for cost recovery for the service provided.
- Support the MIMU webmaster in implementing XAMPP server for apache/ php /SQL database
- Provides administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new ICT equipment for the CO and projects, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review of quotations and bids
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware.
- Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Administration and Procurement Teams.
- Provision of ICT support to key events.
- Maintain VHF Radio Inventory
- Prepared the Handbook for Communication in Emergency
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision.
- Participation in the organization of training for the CO staff on ICT issues.
- Maintenance of staff training profiles.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in ICT.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Train the MIMU ICT interns in ICT support, guiding them in the implementation of ICT projects
- Train Database Associate in the hub office in providing ICT support to the field office
- Performs any other tasks assigned by the supervisor and/or the Head of Office.
Impact of Results
- The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the Country Office including improved business results and client services. Forward-looking ICT management has an impact on the organization of office management, knowledge sharing, and information provision.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNOCHA’s mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful advice to others in the office
- Ability to develop systems for structuring, codifying and providing access to information and knowledge
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to provide IT support services including IT hardware/ infrastructure support, ERP support, other IT applications support, web design and maintenance
- Good knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and viral protection systems, knowledge of web design, knowledge of Microsoft Windows network administration, ERP
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new systems
Leadership and Self-Management:
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity
Min Required Experience:
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education. University Degree in Computer Science desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
- 7 years of relevant working experience, including network administration, management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications.
- Fluency in English language
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Click Here To Apply