Universal Careers is a Human Resource agency founded to help exceptional candidates and international clients who are interested in living and working in the biggest economy in Africa – Nigeria.
Good clients and excellent candidates go hand in hand and the mix of the two is absolutely essential for success, it is all about people.
The Modern Trade Manager will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and is primarily concerned with ensuring that there is high sales turnover from modern trade and ensuring that the products of the company is seen and showcased appropriately to improve the brand image of the company. The responsibilities of the MTM includes strategizing, planning and ensuring that he lead, motivate, direct and review his team to meet the company’s sales target/objectives. He takes care of volume targets, category targets and tertiary sales (to end Consumers through merchandising, display and on-ground visibility).
He will act and think as a leader. He will align the region values while inspiring confidence and generating excitement, enthusiasm and commitment towards the mission.
- Sell/Cover all Modern Trade outlets within the defined geography
- Lead with direct team responsibility
- Manage relationships at stores, distribution centers, zonal offices of all the Modern Trade chains
- Lead a team of merchandisers & promoters to drive visibility and off takes through the modern trade outlets
- Manage exclusive Modern Trade distributor based in Chennai & Hyderabad
- Drive sales in Modern Trade in assigned geography with alignment of plans with the traditional trade team (BSM/ASM)
- Coordinate with Modern Trade account teams and customer marketing teams on plans and inputs to maximize sales from the channel
- Close monitoring and relationship with Distributors and their manpower, with full quality ensured
- Reviving and instilling brand awareness in coverage area
- Cost controls and improving cost efficiency.
- Monitoring channel payment.
- Timely liquidation of old stock (slow-moving)
- Accountable for any liability of spoil stock due to aging/ expired stock.
- People Development
- Review, Governance and Training/ Counseling of Sales Representatives and Sales Officers
- Guide and Motivate to ensure better productivity & morale
- Develop skills for subordinates through on-the-job coaching in the field
- Reporting and Feedback
- Daily sales reports in time
- Feedback reports of new launch products
- Immediate feedback of competitors- activity.
- Presenting monthly meeting reports.
- Hold a pertinent university degree.
- Strong relevant network
- Must have at least 7 years experience of which 3 years’ should be as a Modern Trade Manager
- Strong Process knowledge of sales operations especially in Modern trade
- Ability to manage teams
- Good influence, selling skills, promotion planning, trade spend management
- Ability to foresee future requirements keeping in mind the changing organization needs.
- Ability to do multi tasks and be comfortable with some ambiguity.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Very strong Demonstrated Sales & Distribution ability
- Must have managerial experience from FMCG industry
- Fluent in English & Local Language
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process for your clients from initial brief through to offer acceptance, start and follow up.
- Work proactively with candidates to identify potential opportunities in the market.
- Continual client and candidate networking.
- Regular candidate and client follow-up calls.
- Manage the talent acquisition process in a timely manner.
- Record accurate details of all communication with clients and candidates.
- Contribute to company marketing activities and initiatives.
- Recruitment / Talent Acquisition experience in a Recruitment firm is mandatory
- Client management and positive relationship building experience.
- Experience closing deals including final negotiations.
- Good commercial acumen.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Confident and proactive, inspired to achieve the best results for all parties.
- BSc in a Social Science or any course.
- Minimum of 1 year recruitment experience, preferably in recruitment consulting firm.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of work.
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Click Here To Apply