NNPC/TOTAL invites suitably qualified faculties in Nigerian Universities for:
Title: Massachusetts Institute of Technology – Empowering The Teachers (MIT-ETT) Programme 2018/2019
- MIT-EU will select a number of outstanding young faculties from the disciplines of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering and Chemical Engineering from Nigerian universities to spend a semester at MIT. Selected fellows will observe instructions in their disciplines and work in groups to prepare innovative curricula and approaches teaching that can be introduced into their home universities on their return.
- MIT-ETT will cover the travel, living and instructional materials expenses of the participants. The home universities of successful applicants will commit to provide paid leaves of absence during the period of the MIT program.
- The successful fellows will spend either the Fall 2018 (September-December) and Spring 2019 (February-May) semester at MIT observing classes similar to ones they currently teach. They will also work on new curricula materials and teaching approaches for adoption in their own classes. While at MIT, they will participate regularly in MIT subjects (including lectures, recitations and tutorials) that correspond to courses they teach in their home universities.
- They will also attend the weekly Empowering The Teachers Fellows Seminar meetings on curriculum development and meet with MIT professors and teaching assistants. Beyond the fellowship semester at MIT, Empowering The Teachers will support online communications, periodic reunions and meetings in Nigeria in order to build a community of faculty devoted to excellence and innovation in Science and Engineering education.
MIT-EU welcomes applications from all qualified faculty who are:
- Interested in developing new curriculum and teaching methods and consider themselves to be change-agents.
- A faculty member holding a PhD and teach in a department corresponding to Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or Chemical Engineering at a university in Nigeria.
- Lecturer One rank
Application Closing Date
8pm EST; 1st December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download and complete the Program Application Form; then send the completed application, a copy of their Current Curriculum Vitae (please include which coding languages you know), a copy of 1 research paper and 1 conference paper that best represents your work/your areas of interest as ONE [non-secured] PDF attachment in ONE email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here to Download the Program Application Form (PDF)
Note: An MIT committee will establish a list of top candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by MIT faculty and representatives of NAPIMS and TOTAL on a date and time slot to be announced.