Olam International is a leading agri-business operating from seed to shelf in 70 countries, supplying food and industrial raw materials across 16 product platforms for over 16,200 customers worldwide. From first procuring cashews in Nigeria 26 years ago, today Olam has built a global leadership position in many of its businesses such as Edible Nuts, Spices & Vegetable Ingredients, Cocoa, Coffee, Cotton and Rice.
The company was founded in 1989 by CEO Sunny Verghese and is currently listed on the Singapore Exchange, with the leading stakes owned by Temasek Holdings and 20% by Mitsubishi Corporation the current employee strength is around 26,300 employees
Job Title: Production Manager
Reference Code: EXOL-NG-50009194-01000669-1
Branch/Country: Grains, Nigeria
Branch: Olam Nigeria
Functional Area: Manufacturing & Technical
Department: Grains – Pasta
The Production Managers role is responsible to manage an efficient production activities and producing finished products that fulfil the requirements of our customer’s at least cost/maximum financial benefits.
- Production Manager requires to carry out assignments. Assisting PM in controlling the entire production process and ensuring strict adherence to the quality standards and product specification.
- Purchase of all materials necessary to maintain efficient production, handling and packaging of Pasta Products.
- Control stock levels (through line managers/supervisors) of both raw materials and finished products to ensure efficient response to product specifications and volume requirements (in line with forecasts and new product development) can be made.
- Maintain and monitor production in respect of output yield/extraction capacity against set targets. React to variances.
- Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule Ensuring that the production is cost effective; – Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers working with
- Plant Head to implement the company’s policies and goals seek to challenge their costs and performance to ensure cheap yet quality service.
- Maintain and administer all personnel records and systems relating to employees (excluding records of sickness, absenteeism and holidays, recorded in the General Office).
- To encourage good communication through the plant workplace, through Team Briefing, formal and informal discussions
Min Required Experience:
- If you have proven experience in a Production, Milling/ production operations role in Flour products, wish to live in a large city environment, manage large Independent operations.
- Good people management skills and should be able to lead a team of different nationalities and contract technicians.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple activities concurrently
The role is based Port Harcourt, Nigeria
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Olam Nigeria Limited
Olam International is a leading agri-business operating from seed to shelf in 65 countries, supplying food and industrial raw materials to over 13,600 customers worldwide. Our team of 23,000 employees…Know More about Olam Nigeria Limited
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE[ad_2]