The Nigeria Foundation for the Support of Victims of Terrorism – Victims Support Fund (VSF) – is a programme-based organisation that provides interventions to support victims of terrorism and insurgency in Nigeria.
Our vision is to be the foremost knowledge-driven and programme-based organization, mobilizing sustainable funding and building partnerships for the support and transformation of victims of terrorism and insurgency in Nigeria. At Victims Support Fund, We believe that each employee is crucial to the delivery of our values and objectives and hope you wilt take pride in being a member of our team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Assistant, Livelihood & Recovery – VCG B
Summary of Role
- Support the Programme Officer in promoting improved livelihood and recovery for the victims of terrorism and similarly vulnerable groups affected by acts of terrorism through innovative entrepreneurial skills and providing them the required resources to rebuild their lives.
- Assist the Programme Officer supervise projects aimed at ensuring that victims of terrorism have access to appropriate opportunities and resources aimed at alleviating their conditions and securing their economic base on a sustainable basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Programme Officer Livelihood & Recovery with the identification and interpretation of program strategies and policies.
- Support in researching and developing materials and reports required for the success of Livelihood & Recovery Unit.
- Proactively identity issues and problems that are likely to detract from the
- achievement of objectives set for the Livelihood & Recovery Unit as well as the smooth running of the units programmes.
- Provide administrative support, as required by the project, to the Programme Officer Livelihood & Recovery.
- Interact with other arms of the Directorate of Programmes to create effective linkage across all VSF thematic areas and activities.
- Assist the Programme Officer Livelihood & Recovery in resource control and financial management on all assigned projects.
- Effectively manage tools and resources for programmes planning and development.
- Ensure that all financial data associated with programs are recorded and documented.
- Collaborate with other team members where needed to execute projects
- Assist in the preparation of files and documents for the smooth running of programmes.
- Continuously research and provide regular updates on all Livelihood & Recovery related practices and methodology.
- Draft reports of all programs and planning processes.
- Any other duties assigned by Management.
- Degree in International Development, Development Studies, Economics, Social Sciences, Community Development, Democracy and Governance or equivalent
- Possession of a Masters degree in developmental studies or other related area would be an advantage.
Certification and Training:
- Previous training and certification in grants management, collaboration and partnership, developmental studies; peace and conflict studies, monitoring and evaluation etc. is desirable.
- At least 2 years experience in similar role in a comparable organization to VSF.
- Must be a self starter and able to work with little supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent computer skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Great organizational, analytical and decision making skills are essential.
Application Closing Date
5th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover letter indicating and explaining suitability for the position to: email@example.com
Note: Indigenes or residents are encouraged to apply for position at the state level.