ZOA is an international NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. ZOA works in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and has approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
ZOA started setting up operations in Nigeria recently and is supporting IDPs and vulnerable people in Borno state with WaSH and Food Assistance. ZOA operates from its office in Maiduguri.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager (Food Assistance)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Project Manager is responsible for the implementation of the cash based Food Assistance project in Maiduguri.
- He/She will lead, coordinate and supervise the execution and progress of the Food Assistance project. The position is based in Maiduguri.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Manage implementation of the Food assistance project activities relating to technical specialty, in accordance with ZOA standards and guidelines.
- Project Cycle Management, including technical design, formulation, budgeting, integration with programme planning, writing, monitoring and reporting within the programme area.
- Management of 2 – 4 project staff.
- Monitor and report on progress of activities in accordance with ZOA reporting and monitoring system.
- Ensure that the quality of the interventions meet national and/or international (technical) standards (CHS / HAP).
- Pro-actively detect and resolve potential obstacles in project implementation.
- Liaising with key community stakeholders, as required (in close communication with the programme manager).
- Provide technical input into the development and implementation of ZOA’s programme plan.
- Conduct field research, needs assessments, evaluations etc, from time to time, as directed.
- Any other duty that is reasonably consistent with the key tasks of the function.
- Government on a provincial/district and local level.
- Community members, community leaders and community-based organizations (including Bulama’s and Lawan).
- International organizations operating in the programme area including UN.
- Any other stakeholders in project implementation at community level.
- Project staff
- ZOA country office staff
Provides leadership to:
- Project team of about 2 – 4 persons
Min Required Experience:
- The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA
- University degree in relevant field and/or experience in cash based programming.
- Proven working experience of 3 – 5 years in project management of which at least 1 year in staff management and coordination.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Project cycle management (PCM).
- Project budgeting.
- Excellent in English in reading, writing and speaking.
- Good knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri (Shuwa-Arab preferable).
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines.
- Result-oriented in a team approach.
- Participative leadership.
- Ability to work individual as well as in a team.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s, using ‘Project Manager Food Assistance, Maiduguri’ as the subject.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
10 Positions – 2 Locations
1 Position – Not Specified
Click Here To Apply