Olam International is a leading agri-business operating from seed to shelf in 70 countries, supplying food and industrial raw materials across 16 product platforms for over 16,200 customers worldwide. From first procuring cashews in Nigeria 26 years ago, today Olam has built a global leadership position in many of its businesses such as Edible Nuts, Spices & Vegetable Ingredients, Cocoa, Coffee, Cotton and Rice.
The company was founded in 1989 by CEO Sunny Verghese and is currently listed on the Singapore Exchange, with the leading stakes owned by Temasek Holdings and 20% by Mitsubishi Corporation the current employee strength is around 26,300 employees
Job Title: Quality Manager
Branch: Olam Nigeria
Reference Code: EXOL-NG-50017165-01000763-1
Functional Area: Manufacturing & Technical
Department: Packaged Foods Business
The plant quality manager is ensuring compliance to quality norms, policies and procedures of the company with the objective of achieving a quality culture to achieve consistent quality with zero defect in collaboration with all stakeholders by constantly developing, planning and implementing quality systems & processes and training of plant personnel.
- Develop, plan and implement quality systems to meet Food Safety standards in line with GFSI guidelines.
- Ensure food safety requirements including PRPs, audit processes (factory, market, warehouse, etc.), conducting root cause analysis, implementing corrective action plan, review compliance status for all the quality related observations and lead the process of sharing observations with all stakeholders for implementation/closure.
- Continuously improve quality awareness and standards including sensory evaluation of raw materials, intermediates and finished goods.
- Closely interact with other functions including R&D, Manufacturing, Sourcing, etc., and seek their inputs on improvement/ development of Quality Systems and Processes. Setup, maintain and operate lab to meet all requirements of testing of incoming, in-process and finished goods consistently.
- Coordination with external laboratories and external calibration agencies for all other testing requirements.
- Support vendor quality improvement programs and looking for opportunities for improvement with vendors
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers working with Plant Head to implement the company’s policies and goals seek to challenge their costs and performance to ensure cheap yet quality service.
- Maintain and administer all personnel records and systems relating to employees (excluding records of sickness, absenteeism and holidays, recorded in the General Office). To encourage good communication through the plant workplace, through Team Briefing, formal and informal discussions.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Olam International is a leading agri-business operating from seed to shelf in 65 countries, supplying food and industrial raw materials to over 13,600 customers worldwide. Our team of 23,000 employees…Know More about Olam Nigeria Limited
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE[ad_2]