Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: The Gambia
- The Registrar shall be the Chief Administrative officer of the University. S/he acts as secretary of the senate and governing council and as such other authorities or bodies or committees as prescribed under the University Law.
- Subject to the approval of the governing council of the University, the Registrar shall on behalf of the University signs document and authenticate records as pertaining to students at any level of training in the University.
- He shall be the custodian of records, common seal and such other property of the University as the governing may commit to his charge.
- A Master degree preferably in the Humanities, Law, Social Sciences or Management Science/Administration from a recognized university plusat least twelve (12) years relevant post-qualification cognate experience.
- Membership of recognized professional bodies is mandatory. A high level of computer literacy is mandatory for this position.
Tenure of Officer
- The Registrar shall hold office for a period of five (5) years and may be eligible for reappointment into same office for five (5) years. His term and Conditions of service shall be outlined in a contract under the seal of the University.
- The Remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as applicable to the Post of Registrar in the Republic of Gambia or other West African Countries and as may be determined by the Governing Council of the University.
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit a Typewritten and signed application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae giving the following details:
- Marital Status
- Number of Children (if married)
- Educational Institution attended with dates
- Academic/Professional and other qualifications obtained with dates
- Working Experience (Post held, duration and salary earned with evidence of pay slips where necessary)
- Three referees.
All applications should be forwarded by email in a single PDF format to: email@example.com using candidate’s name and position applied for as the subject of the email.
- Applicants should note that only copies of credentials duly certified by a competent court, Solicitor or Notary Public will be accepted.
- Applicants should also include their references specifically from the following: Academic Referees (University Professor), Professional Referees (Director/Consultant Grade), and one out of other Referees (Clergy, Justice, or Senior Police Officer not less than the rank of a Divisional Police Officer or a recognized Paramount Traditional Ruler).
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview, applicants without the minimum qualifications should not bother to apply.
- Successful applicants should be prepared to resume duty in the Republic of Gambia by the first week of October 2017. Successful candidates will also be required to pass the university medical fitness test before resuming work at the University.
- For additional information or any other clarification, please call: + 2209946436.
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE[ad_2]