We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Reproductive Health Doctor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Anticipated Start Date: 10th September, 2017
Scope of Work
- The Medical Doctor will provide quality care in reproductive health services, including clinical care for sexual assault survivors and emergency obstetric and neonatal care.
- The medical doctor will assist and provide guidance to the midwives on all aspects of RH services within the facility, as well as for the community RH components.
- The medical doctor reports to the RH Manager
- The Medical Doctor – Reproductive Health is responsible for clinical oversight and care for all patients coming for services at the RH facilities to ensure quality care in line with MoH / international protocols is provided contributing to reducing maternal and neonatal mortality.
- Provide consultations for antenatal and postnatal care
- Supervise intra-partum care and assist the midwives in deliveries as needed
- Manage common complications in pregnancy, delivery and post-natally, and refer cases requiring comprehensive emergency obstetric and neonatal care
- Provide counselling on family planning and provide FP commodities according to the client’s informed choice
- Provide counselling and clinical care of sexual assault survivors and refer for psycho-social care
- Provide post-abortion care according to MoH/international protocol, including counselling for FP.
- Provide counselling and treatment of patients with STI, including partner treatment
- Maintain infection prevention and control within and around the facility
- Staff Supervision & Development
- Provide technical support and guidance for complications in pregnancy, assisted and complicated deliveries, and complications in the post-natal period.
- Provide on-the-job training to midwives, nurses and auxiliary staff
- Participate in training events for RH staff as facilitator and organizer
- Participate in support supervision of RH services in IRC supported health facilities
- Participate in and support midwives, nurses, community mobilizers and community health workers in activities that aim to increase women’s RH awareness and service utilization.
- Support RH Manager to organize regular meetings with local committees, and strengthening the community relationship.
- Supports and monitors medical staff in maintaining the registration of medical consultations and monthly data collection.
- Reviews the data for quality and analysis to feed back to the RH manager
- Contributes to the RH work plan and midterm evaluations, assists the RH manager in monitoring and follow up of specific RH indicators
- Monitors the medical stock at the facility level and assists in timely requisition of new supplies from warehouse.
- Explore possibilities of linking up RH community activities, and plan to reach out to „hard to reachâ€Ÿ pregnant women, FP clients, and encouraging facility facilities.
- Coordination & Representation
- Works closely and coordinates with IRC supply chain, finance and grant staff to ensure activities are conducted within the timeframe and compliance of the grants.
- Undertake/participate in liaison, coordination, and information sharing activities with national NGOs, international organizations, donors and government
- Maintain effective relations with the Ministry of Health departments
- Represent IRC during site visits of external guests and IRC head quarter visitors.
- Consistently and proactively monitors and assesses the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
- Qualified Medical Doctor with Maternal Child health background and at least 3 years work experience
- Experience implementing Basic Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal Care at PHCC level
- Clear interest in and work experience with the MISP
- Clear understanding of gender equality and gender issues for women and girls.
- Ability to maintain beneficiary confidentiality and respect at all times is essential.
- Ability and flexibility to understand and work within the cultural and political environment
- Professional skills to provide sensitive and appropriate medical counseling
- Able to provide positive and promoting input towards the RH/GBV team
- Excellent communication skills, good spoken and writting English for concise reporting.
- Command of general computing software; MS Word, Excel and Power point
- Able to work under difficult and stressful conditions.
- The position will be based in Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria. The situation in northeast Nigeria continues to be volatile and the security phase is orange or red depending on location.
- Competitive Monthly salary,
- 13th Month Salary Inclusive,
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family,
- Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Application Closing Date
24th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letters to “The Country Director, International Rescue Committee” via: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org Using the “Job Title” as subject of the mail.
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE[ad_2]