We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate, HIV Prevention (Partner Services)
Unit: Prevention & Community Services
- The incumbent will contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs aimed at HIV Prevention (including Testing and Counseling and Partner services);
- S/he will contribute to the design and implementation of approaches in sexual transmission prevention, HIV Testing and Counseling, PHDP and partner notification services.
- Supports collaboration among partners involved in HIV programs and promotes use of internationally recognized best practices and evidence-informed HIV prevention interventions/services among sponsored programs in Nigeria.
- Supporting the design and implementation of prevention programs for special populations (such as female sex workers, men who have sex with men, people who inject drugs, etc.).
- The job holder will support the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV Testing and Counseling, Partner notification services, index partner services training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate international standards, regional protocols, and local realities.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Degree in Social Sciences, Health Sciences, and Nursing required. Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
- At least five (3) years’ experience applying community outreach / training community health workers and/or CBOs in HIV interventions for key and vulnerable populations.
- Experience building capacity at individual and organizational levels.
- Skilled in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery programs, performance and quality improvement, psychosocial support, monitoring and evaluation Demonstrated knowledge of gender inequalities, stigma, economic barriers, discrimination and the legal rights and status of key populations in Nigeria.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 – John Bull.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE[ad_2]