We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior OVC Program Officer
Unit: Prevention and Community Services
- The incumbent will design and coordinate the implementation of OVC program activities in line with national guidelines. Interfacing with GON, USG, and CBO programs to facilitate synergies and initiatives to improve the package of care and support services.
- S/he will strengthen linkages between CBOs and state and LGA structures for improved coordination of OVC service delivery planning and implementation at the community level.
- S/he ensure established OVC program goals and objectives and planned outputs and outcomes, and that these results are documented.
- The incumbent will develop work plans for the program and coordinate the implementation and reporting on all activities; receive and review monthly programmatic performance reports from CBOs and health facilities.
- S/he will establish and maintain working relationships with the other OVC technical departments in Nigeria as a base for building/maintaining/expanding a sustainable country program and ensure that the most updated information regarding OVC programming is shared via the designated mechanisms; databases, the central server, monthly quarterly reports.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health or a related field; Solid working knowledge (practical skills) in OVC care and support will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in health program management in sub-Saharan Africa/ international health issues including HIV, with at least two years’ experience working on HIV/AIDS counseling and testing programs in international or resource poor settings at supervisory level.
- Experience in coordinating HIV/AIDS program implementation. Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 – John Bull.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE[ad_2]