We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Prevention Service Officer
Unit: Prevention and Community Services
- The incumbent will provide technical leadership related to HTC/Prevention services and approaches related to implementation of programs.
- S/he will coordinate the design and implementation of components related HTC and prevention services in theorganization’s supported sites.
- Ensure quality HCT/Prevention services design and implementation, achievement of results, and collaborates with other technical units to ensure effective teamwork.
- S/he will provide technical assistance for capacity building of health care workers and other partners and establishes strong linkages and referral systems for people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Lead the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV/AIDS Testing and Counseling and Prevention training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate international standards, regional protocols, and local realities.
- The job holder will strengthen/initiate quality assurance (QA) for both HIV testing and counseling for facility-based, mobile, and community based rapid counseling and testing (RCT) services working with the MOH and other institutions.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Advanced degree in Nursing/Midwifery, Medical Laboratory, or Public health.
- Knowledge of public health information, education, and communications methodology in an African development context.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on international health issues including HIV, with at least two years working on HIV/AIDS counseling and testing programs in international or resource poor settings.
- Ability to interpret strategies, analyze, develop and present work and to monitor and evaluate implementation of programs.
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining close counterpart relationships, both governmental and in partner sites and communities
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 – John Bull.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE[ad_2]