We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Associate, Adolescents & Young
Unit: Prevention and Community Services
- The incumbent support CBOs to work closely with key community members to strengthen knowledge and awareness on adolescent Sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR); and establish youth-owned space for a resource Centers.
- Supporting the CBOs to provide referral services for adolescents and others) who request help to FP, RH and GBV services at the organization’s supported Health facilities and youth friendly centers, will conduct a range of community events, including meetings with parents, teachers, religious leaders and elders to teach and advocate on adolescent SRHR and gender; parent and child dialogues; and community radio events.
- S/he will coordinate and oversee the implementation of activities for AYG at the organization’s supported safe places-DICs including provision of accessible and confidential environment for adolescents; integrate AYG activities at the CBOs for adolescent vulnerable children enrolled in the program to access information about FP, HIV and STI testing and counselling, and other relevant services at the organization’s supported DICs, Health facilities and Youth friendly centers.
- S/he will develop and design activities that will be implemented by CBOs, ensuring the active participation of community stakeholders, (community leaders, adolescents, and community action groups, and teachers, health workers) to ensure community ownership.
- The job holder will conduct intensive community mobilization through both in-school and out-of-school activities to engage adolescent girls, informing them of their sexual and RH rights, and encourage them to access services
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Degree in Development Studies/ Social Science/ Behavioral/Social Sciences.
- Experience of working with young people and must have implemented an HIV Intervention among Adolescents and Young persons.
- Technical knowledge on demand creation, with experience driving demand for SRHR services among young people. Demonstrated ability to support community based organizations and volunteers.
- A strong personal commitment to the values of young people.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-03 – John Bull.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE[ad_2]