We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Team Lead – Customer Service
- Take full responsibility for the end-to-end ownership of customers’ shipments and issues.
- Ensure Damco delivers the product sold to customers translating to increase in CM1
- Ensure customer is satisfied translating to a repeat business and increase in volumes.
- Engage in constructive problem resolution and provide solutions
- Act and communicate proactively, keeping customers informed of any issues arising or changes in their booking
- Responsible for providing an exceptional, world class customer service to all portfolio of customers.
- Address root causes and seek continuous improvements in our processes.
- Ensure all correspondence are replied, within one hour from sender.
- Ensure swift service delivery, adhering to the standard process and customer specific IOP’s.
- Interact with Sales to ensure customer agreements.
- Facilitate completion of booking and documentation processes (pre-arrival assessment).
- Follow-up for resolution of issues/queries + ensure timely response to customers.
- Timely handover of file to internal parties involved
- Manage job costing for customers assigned, which includes opening and closing of files.
- Send booking confirmation (document status & cost implications for any delays).
- Manage written correspondence between OPS department, Carrier, etc. related to cargo tracking (vessel nomination).
- Confirm and verify declarations then advise customer of expected duty amount and HS code (s) used.
- Raise Invoice for shipping/terminal and other charges which must be prepaid.
- Prepare payment request, receive draft/payment advice and handover to shipping clerk for payment of shipping line charges.
- Receive duty receipt and handover to operations.
- Follow up on entries with operations and advice customer on status.
- Advice customer on queries encountered during verification/examination and discuss/agree on a workable solution.
- Keep Client updated on cargo status before and after arrival or departure.
- Escalate all major issues to customer service team leader
- Contact customer on additional charges and get payment commitment/approval.
- Confirm with customer place and time of delivery.
- Follow up on cargo delivery status.
- Coordinate transport and Customs handling (Trucking/CHB).
- Ensure invoices are raised timely and cross-checked with attachments and ensure delivered to client.
- Monitor and manage empty container return to the respective nominated containers depots.
- Ensure all container final detention invoices are paid timely.
- Manage Accounts Receivables for customers assigned.
- Update fields in TrackIT that are assigned to function in a timely and correct manner.
- Ensure team leader is in the know of all major communication with customers.
- Maintain and enhance efficient relationships with customers, suppliers, clerks and authorities.
- Ensure clients are physically visited at least once a quarter or upon Sales invitation to foster greater relationship.
- Ensure operational excellence and coordination.
- Ensure pro-active communication internally and externally.
- Ensure all issues affecting Damco are addressed within Organization as deemed required.
- Maintain and monitor Data Quality of TrackIT updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Social Sciences or equivalent is desirable.
- Proficient in English as well as relevant local languages (verbal and written).
- Minimum 1 year of experience in customer service department for a fast-paced service company.
- Minimum 1 year logistics operations experience will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communicator, persuasive and enjoy solving problems.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role, preferably one that involved any form of technical thinking.
- Can handle pressure and high volume of customers.
- Personable, energetic, accurate, proactive and excellent communication skills.
- Someone who is an excellent team player and able to work effectively under pressure.
- Should have the ability to converse with people of all levels and is well organized, efficient and effective.
- Basic proficiency in MS office
- Yearly performance appraisal where personal and business objectives for past year is reviewed and new objectives are agreed upon.
- Quarterly KPI Review
- You will be reporting to the Customer Service .
- You will be given the opportunity to express your ideas and mentored to understand the Company processes and build a strong career.
Application Closing Date
25th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online