We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Specialist / Health and Finance Specialist
Req Id: 49062
- Abt Associates seeks a qualified Health Finance Specialist to support the HFG project with the International Health Division in Nigeria.
- In Nigeria, the HFG project is currently working with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to support sustainability and country ownership of Nigeria’s HIV/AIDS and TB programs.
- HFG seeks to engage a Health Finance Specialist to provide health financing technical support and coordinate activities of the field staff working in USAID’s PEPFAR priority states: Lagos, Cross Rivers, Rivers and Sokoto and Bauchi States.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide technical contribution towards design and implementation of HFG Nigeria health financing technical assistance to strengthen priority state health financing planning and implementation in conjunction with the technical leads.
- Provide technical support towards successful implementation of all HFG Nigeria health financing activities at the state level in partnership with state program coordinators in five priority states.
- Represent HFG Nigeria at health financing meetings/events and actively participate in health financing Technical Working Groups and other relevant technical groups.
- Liaise with identified stakeholders on health financing issues on behalf of HFG Nigeria.
- Track compliance with instituted quality assurance measures throughout the design, implementation and evaluation of all HFG health financing activities.
- Write detailed and high quality monthly and quarterly health financing reports that meet both HFG and USAID monitoring and evaluation standards.
- Document health financing success stories/lessons learned and produce publishable health financing materials including policy briefs and peer-reviewed articles.
- Work with technical leads to coordinate field activities to ensure timely implementation of planned activities of HFG Nigeria without compromising quality and efficiency.
- Carry out other activities as requested by technical leads.
Preferred Skills and Prerequisites
- Knowledge of health system strengthening policies and procedures, particularly in health financing and reform.
- Excellent analytical, strategic and innovative reasoning to facilitate processes and interventions to achieve objectives.
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop work plans, concept notes and other strategic technical documents.
- Ability to establish good working relationships as part of a team and maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
- Ability to integrate, interact and function effectively in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure that individuals and teams adhere to the highest standards of quality, relevance and timeliness.
- Prior experience working in the development sector; Knowledge of US Government development assistance policy and USAID operational procedures is desirable.
- High level of computer proficiency in standard Microsoft Office applications.
- 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in health systems strengthening.
- Masters in Public Health/Health Economics/Health Financing and Policy or other related courses.
- 6+ years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE