At Unilever, you can shape your own path as you work with the brands and people that drive our sustainable business growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fixed Assets Accountant
Job Number: 17000FS7
Location: Oregun, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full-time
Reports to: Global/Category/Region/Local: TBC
- Responsible for maintenance of the company Fixed Assets to ensure that company fixed asset policies on acquisition, depreciation, capitalisation, verification and disposals of fixed assets are complied with.
- The role also ensures that transactions in respect of the above processes are correctly accounted for.
- Ensures Fixed Asset verification and tagging is carried out as stipulated in policy.
- Ensures reconciliation of the Fixed Assets register to the general ledger.
- Responsible for managing physical control of assets e.g movement from one location to another (with the use of movement forms, gate pass etc)
- Ensure monthly depreciation is charged correctly and booked to results
- Liaises with the Federal Ministry of Industries annually to get the certificate for Capital Allowances which is used to reduce the company tax liabilities.
- Accounts for Work in Progress and quarterly capitalisations
- Accounts for additions to fixed assets
- Accounts for disposals and profit/loss on of fixed assets
- Prepares input into both local and statutory reporting as it relates to fixed assets.
- Takes responsibility of own development
- Internal – Interfaces Finance and other departments, particularly supply management on asset acquisition/disposal
- External – Liaises with the Federal Ministry of Industries.
- Good excel skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Inclination to learn and grow
- An accounting graduate or possession of levels of accounting professional examination.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in accounting job is required
- Ability to work in a team
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online