Qualifications and Experience
Candidate for this post:
- Must be professionally qualified and be a practicing Librarian;
- Must possess at least a Master’s degree in Library Science from a recognized University Doctorate degree will be an added advantage. The candidate must have had a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten years of which must be unbroken service in the University or comparable institution.
- Must have attained the rank of Deputy Librarian or its equivalent in a University or related Institution;
- Must have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in administrative leadership;
- Must be a registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN);
- Must be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
- Candidates who are over sixty (60) year of age as at the date of this publication are not eligible to apply. Also, retired public servants who had put in pensionable years of service before their retirement/ withdrawal of service are not eligible to apply
Condition of Service
- Conditions of service for the position of the University librarian are as obtainable in Nigerian Universities. Salary and allowances are as applicable to principal officers in Nigerian Universities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty five (25) hard copies of their application and Curriculum Vitae highlighting the following, among others:
- Post applied
- Full name (surname underline)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin/Local Government
- Marital Status
- Current postal address
- E mail address and phone numbers
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic /professional qualifications obtained (with dates)
- Name(S) and address(es) of previous employer(s)
- Positions held and date
- Name and address of present employer
- Present salary
- Administrative experience
- Membership of professional bodies
- Extra- curricular activities
- Name and addresses of three (3) Referees
- Candidate should request three (3) referees to forward their reports directly under confidential cover to the Registrar on cc before dosing date. Such referees should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic standard, managerial capacity arid moral uprightness.
Submission of Applications
All applications in sealed envelopes with the post indicated at the top left hand corner of the envelope should be addressed to:
Kebbi State University of Science and Technology, Aliero
Note: Only candidates who are shortlisted will be invited for interview.
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE[ad_2]