Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Vice Chancellor
Location: The Gambia
- The Vice chancellor shall be the executive and academic head of the university and shall see to the day to day administration of the university and ensures that the objectives and goals of the universities are met.
- S/he shall be responsible to the Governing Council and must be competent at all times to advise the council on matters affecting the policy, finance and administration of the university.
- The applicant for this job shall posses the ability to lead, motivate and inspire and academic and non-academic staff as well as students and other stakeholders towards the advancement of learning and academic excellence of the university.
- S/he must be a distinguished scholar, a proven manager of human and material resources with outstanding academic and administrative records.
- Applicants must possess a Doctorate Degree and be a Professor of not less than ten (10) years academic and administrative experience in the University Community.
- However, Candidates with lesser years of experience but with proven cognate experience and who have held senior academic and administrative positions may also be considered.
- Candidates should possess proven track records of academic excellence with a high level of entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract extra funds and mobilize external resources for the development of the University.
- S/he shall demonstrate inter-personal and team building skills with ability to motivate and retain highly skilled and talented staff, and be able to build bridges between members of staff, students and other stakeholders of the University Community.
- S/he must demonstrate a high level of computer literacy and enjoys an excellent sound mind, stable physical and mental health.
Tenure of Office
- The Vice Chancellor shall hold office for a period of five (5) years and shall not be eligible for reappointment into same office. His term and Conditions of service shall be outlined In a contract under the seal of the University.
- The Remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as applicable to the Post of Vice Chancellors in the Republic of Gambia or other West African Countries and as may be determined by the Governing Council of the University.
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit a Typewritten and signed application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae giving the following details:
- Marital Status
- Number of Children (if married)
- Educational Institution attended with dates
- Academic/Professional and other qualifications obtained with dates
- Working Experience (Post held, duration and salary earned with evidence of pay slips where necessary)
- Three referees.
All applications should be forwarded by e-mail in a single PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using candidate’s name and position applied for as the subject of the email.
- Applicants should note that only copies of credentials duly certified by a competent court, Solicitor or Notary Public will be accepted.
- Applicants should also include their references specifically from the following: Academic Referees (University Professor), Professional Referees (Director/Consultant Grade), and one out of other Referees (Clergy, Justice, or Senior Police Officer not less than the rank of a Divisional Police Officer or a recognized Paramount Traditional Ruler).
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview, applicants without the minimum qualifications should not bother to apply.
- Successful applicants should be prepared to resume duty in the Republic of Gambia by the first week of October 2017. Successful candidates will also be required to pass the university medical fitness test before resuming work at the University.
- For additional information or any other clarification, please call: + 2209946436.
Post your Job adverts on Acken Classifieds and instantly reach out to millions of job seekers nationwide. CLICK HERE